500 grams, red snapper fillet
2 leeks, finely shredded
8 big cloves garlic, sliced
3 tbsp roasted white sesame seeds, lightly crushed
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp chicken stock
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Wash the fish, pat dry and cut into pieces.
2. Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, stock, sesame oil and half of the sliced garlic together : this is the garlic sauce.
3. Place the fish on a plate, steam over boiling water on high heat for 8 minutes, or until done.
4. Arrange the leek on a serving dish and place the steamed fish on the bed of leeks. Pour the garlic sauce over the fish and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Return to the steamer once more and steam for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle the remaining sliced garlic over all, and garnish with fresh vegetables as preferred. Best when serve hot.
RECIPE CARD: The best Thai fish Dishes
Sangdad Publishing Co.,Ltd.