A favicon is a graphic image (an icon) associated with a particular website and/or web page. To start, you will need a graphic editing software such as Adobe Photoshop but if you don’t have one, you can choose on these great freewares that can be downloaded at Download.com:
Method 1: Upload a favicon.ico to your main root directory.
This .ico file (as shown below) will then be associated with your website.
Method 2: Locate your icon from an image link.
Edit your header page/section. Add this between the head tag:
and it should look like this.
Be creative in designing your favicon. It may be a logo or a symbol that can be depicted by your visitors.
You might also be interested to read:
- Use Photoshop to Create a Still-Life Lamp, Nightstand, and Picture Frame
- Free Photoshop Brushes for Web and Graphic Designers
- Free Vintage Photoshop Gradients
- iPad GUI PSD – iPad UI Template To Start Designing Your Apps
- Free Vertical 2010 Calendar Downloads
- 60+ Really awesome Typography Showcases
- Send Christmas E-cards
- 49 Most Creative Photoshop Tutorials of 2009
- Top 20 Ajax Tutorials
- Massive Collection of Stunning Photoshop Actions